I read an article about solja boy and 50cent in the XXL mag. the article and interview was released in 2010 over "tweeter beef" between rival rappers. the article had a picture of the two rappers (50cent and solja boy) the background was white so they stood out the most. their was a page number in the bottom left hand corner next to that it had the person that took the picture and who was in the picture. this is good if the reader does not know who the rappers are, however these sort of magazines have a neihe audience therefore the person picking up and reading this magazine would know who the rappers are.
the mese en scene in that picture is very stereotypical as the picture has all the things you would think of a "hard" new York gangster/ rapper to have:
- Gold chains
- Gucci shoes
- Gucci belt
- Cool hat
- sagging trousers
- tattoos
the format on how the article is written is very common in an interview. the question answer format is very simple o read and entertaining. hat must have been the reasons why the producer of the magazine choose the format. this would be the most appropriate way to connect to a young audience. target audience is 16-27 year olds.
most of the page is blank as it is mostly focused on he lower have of the page. the title is very outspoken and is a quote of on of the rappers "I told you ni**as a long time ago soulja boy is my little ni**a. y`all better leave him he f**k alone for somebody get hurt". this would grab anyone's attentions and there for it is an effective title even if it is a little too much. trough out the article there was the same mood (it was always serious) even when they spoke about their music. there's is also only one colour of font with some bold lines where the question was asked this also creates a serious and gritty interview.
at this point I was thinking about hat kind of things I wanted to include into my magazine and therefore I dived in deeper to analyse this article.
the article had slang and that softened the atmosphere of the violence and the grit. this was something hat I wanted to include as I didn't want my reader to be bored and I didn't want to create a barrier for them because I want my audience to have a deeper understanding of the artist.
in conclusion I think that this double page spread was good as it had good points and bad point and that I was able to pick up on these good and bad points to I can apply what I learned to the double page spread I am going to create.
No comments:
Post a Comment